I am currently a PhD studentÂ at Electrical Engineering Department, University of Illinois at Chicago. Currently I am working at WaveOPT lab under Prof. Mojtaba Soltanalian. My research interests include signal processing and optimization theory, and specifically different ways the optimization theory can facilitate a better processing and design of signals for collecting information, communication, Human Activity Recognition, Computer Vision, Gestural Interaction, Image and Video Processing, Digital Watermarking, Information Security.
I got my bachelor degree in Electronics and Communication Engineering from West Bengal University of Technology, India.
I also have the background in Computer Science, and Design. I have 1.5 years of work experience in Cognizant Technology Solutions as a Java Developer.
I am also a part time artist. My subject is mostly abstract and my medium is ink on paper. Black is my color. Check out my work at 500px and DeviantArt. If you like them, please support my art at Society6. Thank you.
- Effective problem solver
- Tactful and patient communicator
- Good team player
- Success motivated
- Creative & hard working
Research AssistantJUN 2016 - PRESENTUniversity of Illinois at Chicago
Research scholar atÂ WaveOPT Laboratory
Teaching AssistantAUG 2015 - PRESENTUniversity of Illinois at Chicago
Conducting lab sessions, grading answer scripts and proctoring examinations.
Courses assisted so far:
1. ECE 417: Digital Signal Processing II
2. ECE 415: Image Analysis and Computer Vision I
3. PHYS 141: General Physics I
4. PHYS 108: Introductory Physics II Lab
5. PHYS 107: Introductory Physics II
Programmer AnalystAPR 2013 - JUL 2014Cognizant Technology Solutions
â€£ Team: Walgreens Kolkata
â€£ Role: Java Developer
â€£ Domain: Healthcare
â€£ Team Size: 10
â€£ Projects: ICD-9, ICD-10
â€£ Description: Mainly development/maintenance project for a US based Healthcare service provider company.
Co-Founder and CEOJAN 2012 - APR 2013Startup Company: RSATechBook
â€£ Manufactures Microcontroller development board for 8051 and AVR flamilies.
â€£ Supports Engineering graduate students’ final year project.
PhD StudentAUG 2014 - PRESENTUniversity of Illinois at Chicago
B.TechAUG 2008 - MAY 2012West Bengal University of Technology
Electronics and Communication Engineering
Higher SecondaryJUN 2008West Bengal Council of Higher Secondary Education
Placed in top 3%
SecondaryJun 2006West Bengal Board of Secondary Education
Placed in top 2%
Awarded the Associate of the month at Cognizant Technology SolutionsÂ for good performance in May, 2014.
AwardedÂ Special Prize in Science & Engineering Fair 2009-2012 - a state based science project competition for outstanding science project presentations
Awarded first prize for presenting 'Helianthus-The solar tracking system' in INFOCOM 10-11, Kolkata - a national science project competition.
Received educational scholarship from Central Government of India for scoring good marks in Higher Secondary Examination
- 6. Constructing Binary Sequences with Optimal Peak Sidelobe Level: An Efficient Analytical-Computational Interplay (IEEE Transaction on Information Theory)
- 5. Robust Data Hiding Technique in Wavelet Domain Using Saliency Map (IJAET, AUG â€“ SEP 2013)
- 4. An Improved Method of Pre-Filter Based Image Watermarking in DWT Domain (IJCST, JAN - MAR 2013)
- 3. Face Detection and Tracking System (IJSER, OCT 2012)
- 2. Helianthus - a Low Cost High Efficient Solar Tracking System Using AVR Microcontroller (IJSER, OCT 2012)
- 1. Mathematical Time Domain Study of Negative Feedback System Using Limiting Progression (IJSER, SEP 2012)
- 2. Non-Convex Shredded Signal Reconstruction via Sparsity Enhancement (IEEE ICASSP, MAR 2017)
- 1. Enhanced Data Hiding Method Using DWT Based on Saliency Model (IEEE ISPCC, SEP 2013)
- Non Convex Shredded Signal Reconstruction
- Signal Design for Interference Reduction
- Signal Design for Eye Tracking in Parkinson's Disease Diagnosis and Treatment
- A Case Study of Basic Sequential Detection Methods (APR 2016)
- Activity Recognition using Kinect (OCT 2014 - APR 2016)
- A Qualitative Comparison between Convolutional Neural Network (CNN) and Large Scale Memory Storage and Retrieval Neural Network (LAMSTAR) for Human Activity Recognition (OCT 2015 - NOV 2015)
- Optical Character Recognition using various Neural Network algorithms (LAMSTAR) for Human Activity Recognition (AUG 2015 - NOV 2015)
- Implementation of the Fisher Linear Discriminant (FLD) based algorithm for Face Recognition (MAY 2015)
- Implementation of the Karhunen-Loeve (KL) Transform for Face Detection and Recognition after the Approach of Moghaddam and Pentland (APR 2015)
- Real Time Motion Controlling using Gesture Recognition (JAN 2013)
- Designing and Maintaining www.waveopt-lab.uic.edu (JUN 2016 - CONTD.)
- Designing and Maintaining www.arindambose.com (AUG 2013 - CONTD.)
- Q-Ledge: An Android game (NOV 2014)
- PBMAid â€“ The Android app (JUL 2014)
- Log Parser â€“ The Log Management System (DEC 2013 - JUL 2014)
- Online Air Ticket Reservation System (AUG 2013)
- Prepaid System for Domestic Energy Meter (AUG 2011 - MAY 2012)
- Advanced Fire Alarming System through Mobile Phone (JAN 2012)
- Designing and Implementation of a 32-bit Arithmetic and Logic Unit on Xilinx Spartan 3E family FPGA (MAY 2011 - AUG 2011)
- Helianthus - The Solar Tracking System (DEC 2011)
- Pattern Generator - The Geometrical Shape Generator (DEC 2010)
- Mobile controlled DTMF based Robotics System (DEC 2010)
- Automatic Garbage Sorter (NOV 2010)
- Microcontroller based Line Following Robot (NOV 2010)
- Microcontroller based Alarm Clock (OCT 2010)