I am a PhD student at Electrical Engineering Department, University of Illinois at Chicago. Currently I am working at WaveOPT lab under Prof. Mojtaba Soltanalian. My research interests include signal processing and optimization theory, and specifically different ways the optimization theory can facilitate a better processing and design of signals for collecting information, communication, Human Activity Recognition, Computer Vision, Gestural Interaction, Image and Video Processing, Digital Watermarking, Information Security.
I got my bachelor degree in Electronics and Communication Engineering from West Bengal University of Technology, India.
I also have the background in Computer Science, and Design. I have 1.5 years of work experience in Cognizant Technology Solutions as a Java Developer.
- Effective problem solver
- Tactful and patient communicator
- Good team player
- Success motivated
- Creative & hard working
Research AssistantJUN 2016 - PRESENT
Research scholar at WaveOPT Laboratory
Teaching AssistantAUG 2015 - PRESENT
Conducting lab sessions, grading answer scripts and proctoring examinations.
Courses assisted so far:
1. ECE 417: Digital Signal Processing II
2. ECE 415: Image Analysis and Computer Vision I
3. PHYS 141: General Physics I
4. PHYS 108: Introductory Physics II Lab
5. PHYS 107: Introductory Physics II
Programmer AnalystAPR 2013 - JUL 2014
‣ Team: Walgreens Kolkata
‣ Role: Java Developer
‣ Domain: Healthcare
‣ Team Size: 10
‣ Projects: ICD-9, ICD-10
‣ Description: Mainly development/maintenance project for a US based Healthcare service provider company.
Co-Founder and CEOJAN 2012 - APR 2013
‣ Manufactures Microcontroller development board for 8051 and AVR flamilies.
‣ Supports Engineering graduate students’ final year project.
PhD StudentAUG 2014 - PRESENT
B.TechAUG 2008 - MAY 2012
Electronics and Communication Engineering
Placed in top 3%
Placed in top 2%
Awarded the Associate of the month at Cognizant Technology Solutions for good performance in May, 2014.
Awarded Special Prize in Science & Engineering Fair 2009-2012 - a state based science project competition for outstanding science project presentations
Awarded first prize for presenting 'Helianthus-The solar tracking system' in INFOCOM 10-11, Kolkata - a national science project competition.
Received educational scholarship from Central Government of India for scoring good marks in Higher Secondary Examination
- 6. Constructing Binary Sequences with Optimal Peak Sidelobe Level: An Efficient Analytical-Computational Interplay (IEEE Transaction on Information Theory)
- 5. Robust Data Hiding Technique in Wavelet Domain Using Saliency Map (IJAET, AUG – SEP 2013)
- 4. An Improved Method of Pre-Filter Based Image Watermarking in DWT Domain (IJCST, JAN - MAR 2013)
- 3. Face Detection and Tracking System (IJSER, OCT 2012)
- 2. Helianthus - a Low Cost High Efficient Solar Tracking System Using AVR Microcontroller (IJSER, OCT 2012)
- 1. Mathematical Time Domain Study of Negative Feedback System Using Limiting Progression (IJSER, SEP 2012)
- 2. Non-Convex Shredded Signal Reconstruction via Sparsity Enhancement (IEEE ICASSP, MAR 2017)
- 1. Enhanced Data Hiding Method Using DWT Based on Saliency Model (IEEE ISPCC, SEP 2013)
- Non Convex Shredded Signal Reconstruction
- Signal Design for Interference Reduction
- Signal Design for Eye Tracking in Parkinson's Disease Diagnosis and Treatment
- A Case Study of Basic Sequential Detection Methods (APR 2016)
- Activity Recognition using Kinect (OCT 2014 - APR 2016)
- A Qualitative Comparison between Convolutional Neural Network (CNN) and Large Scale Memory Storage and Retrieval Neural Network (LAMSTAR) for Human Activity Recognition (OCT 2015 - NOV 2015)
- Optical Character Recognition using various Neural Network algorithms (LAMSTAR) for Human Activity Recognition (AUG 2015 - NOV 2015)
- Implementation of the Fisher Linear Discriminant (FLD) based algorithm for Face Recognition (MAY 2015)
- Implementation of the Karhunen-Loeve (KL) Transform for Face Detection and Recognition after the Approach of Moghaddam and Pentland (APR 2015)
- Real Time Motion Controlling using Gesture Recognition (JAN 2013)
- Designing and Maintaining www.waveopt-lab.uic.edu (JUN 2016 - CONTD.)
- Designing and Maintaining www.arindambose.com (AUG 2013 - CONTD.)
- Q-Ledge: An Android game (NOV 2014)
- PBMAid – The Android app (JUL 2014)
- Log Parser – The Log Management System (DEC 2013 - JUL 2014)
- Online Air Ticket Reservation System (AUG 2013)
- Prepaid System for Domestic Energy Meter (AUG 2011 - MAY 2012)
- Advanced Fire Alarming System through Mobile Phone (JAN 2012)
- Designing and Implementation of a 32-bit Arithmetic and Logic Unit on Xilinx Spartan 3E family FPGA (MAY 2011 - AUG 2011)
- Helianthus - The Solar Tracking System (DEC 2011)
- Pattern Generator - The Geometrical Shape Generator (DEC 2010)
- Mobile controlled DTMF based Robotics System (DEC 2010)
- Automatic Garbage Sorter (NOV 2010)
- Microcontroller based Line Following Robot (NOV 2010)
- Microcontroller based Alarm Clock (OCT 2010)